Friday, March 09, 2018

Dressing For Duke

It's rare that the Duke will say something that hurts my feelings.  He's very conscious to do his best to be nice to me, and to do all he can to take care of me.

The other day after watching Fifty Shades Darker, I asked him if he thought I was sexy.  He wasn't sure what to say.  I was hurt.  Devastated was more like it.  The thing with the Duke is that he doesn't always know how to put things into words, a lot of times because he hasn't got a fixed opinion on something, or know the reasons why when he does have an answer. 

I can either go away hurt and sit in my own misery, or I can sit and talk with him.  It means I have to think of different questions to ask him until he figures it out.  It can be hard, there have been times this drove me nuts in our marriage.  But he doesn't do it on purpose.  He thinks different than most people, and needs either space to think things through, or needs open ended questions to help him figure out how he really thinks or feels.

So this day it took quite a while before the Duke was able to articulate what it was that he was thinking.  He does find me sexy, he just doesn't find how I dress sexy, and so finds it hard to find me sexy in my clothes.  And to be honest, I can see why.  Since my parents moved in, I have had a very hard time dressing sexy.  I feel infringed upon if I try.  I feel violated, like they're seeing a part of me that they have no right to, that only belongs to the Duke. 

The Duke isn't wanting anything scandalous.  He just wants different.  I currently wear tshirts that literally go an inch up my impossibly short neck.  So literally, there is only an inch between my chin and shirt even though it's not a turtle neck, which I can't wear at all. :P  So he'd like me to wear something with a lower neck, not scandalously low, but more skin than I show now.  He'd also like me to have shorter sleeves, mine go to my elbow.  Slightly form fitting pants as mine lately are very loose, though to be fair, I lost 25 lbs last year, and am working on more this year.  He also wishes I'd wear dresses when I can.  And certain types of underwear, I have a handful of them from before, and he'd really like those to make an appearance again.  lol  He didn't ask me to wear any of these things, he just told me that is what he likes and what he finds sexy.  And I knew that in my memory, but had kind of forgotten about the importance of them in the past couple of years.

So this week had me going through our closet to see what still fit me in terms of dresses and sexy night gowns.  Then I went shopping.  I haven't bought myself new clothes in a very long time.  But this week I did.  I bought over $80 in some tops that I knew he'd like, and a housecoat I could wear over the nightgowns that are NOT appropriate for children and parents to see. :P

The look on his face when I modeled some of my new tops and house coat was priceless, and there was no doubt in my mind that he found me sexy.  I have some bruises and a BIG smile to prove it. :)

I love the smaller things in DD.  The want to obey him, even when there isn't a clear rule given.  I'm excited to do this for him, and I'll just have to push what others think out of my head.  I'm doing this for him.  And he's who matters.

I can already feel the submission growing from taking this step.  The new clothes are drying as we speak, and I can't wait to start wearing them for him, and it'll be interesting to see how my heart and submission changes over the next few weeks as I make these changes.  I'll let you know if anything unexpected happens. :)

10 comments:

  1. Hi EsMay, it must be hard trying to dress for the Duke with your parents in the house. I can definitely understand your reaction to the Duke's initial response. I'm so glad you talked and love how this ended :) I do always try to dress in a way Rick will appreciate.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Roz. :) It is hard. And I'm glad we talked too, or I could have walked away and let a thought that isn't true fester until I felt completely unwanted by him. I am so glad I decided I needed to dig further. That is so sweet that you dress in a way that Rick will like. :) One of the many things that makes you awesome. :) {{{HUGS}}}

      Delete
  2. I love how you worked this out to both of your favors!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, I guess I didn't realize how true this is. :) Thank you for pointing out that we both benefit. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Esmay, glad you managed to spice your wardrobe up a bit. I am thinking the Duke's opinion is the one that counts in your house.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does count. I am around my parents a lot more often than the Duke because they're home all day and the Duke is working, so I think around them I'll still wear my normal clothes, and about half an hour before the Duke gets home I'll change. They'll see the difference, and I'll tell them why it is if they ask. To make him happy. :) :) {{{HUGS}}}

      Delete
  4. When I first met M I wore what he termed..granny panties and white bras...always. Now they are banished, and it makes me feel sexy and his eyes light up....glad you managed to solve this easily...and shopping is going to be a whole lot more fun. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think shopping will be more fun. :) Though I had no idea how ridiculously clothes jumped in prices in the past 5-10 years. I was really floored and unprepared for that. I am so glad the clothes make you feel sexy... it's such a wonderful feeling, isn't it? :) {{{HUGS}}}

      Delete
  5. I definitely find that how I dress for my Sir influences how I feel. When I put the time and effort in, just a little bit, I feel better about myself, and more submissive to him. I am only allowed to wear skirts and dresses - no pants. It was an adjustment that took years. But slowly, things Sir didn't like me in ended up out of my closet and into the donation bin. It's easier to dress in a way he likes when you don't really have things he doesn't like in your wardrobe!

    Hoping this makes you feel wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am hoping for, to feel more submissive to him. I used to when I dressed for him before. :) I think it would be great to get to the point where all I have for clothes are what the Duke likes me in. I think I will look at making that my goal over the next few years. :) Thank you for the idea. :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave any comments, but I do ask you to be kind. We go into this with eyes wide open after months of prayer, and a peace in our hearts that this is the right choice before God for our marriage. I am open to questions from those who wonder why we made this choice, but I would ask for no personal attacks. Thank you. :)

Troll comments and spam will be deleted.